Thursday, May 26, 2011

Is it summer yet?

I have been bad about posting . Have I been riding?, yes, have I been riding a lot?, no.  As noted previously, I am a fair weather rider, i.e. I enjoy riding, when I don't have to worry about wet roads, slippery divider lines or manhole covers, so my recent rides have been somewhat dictated by the weather map.  The riding prep now includes a look at the  radar map and where there is a green spot (rain),  don't go there.  My rides have been limited to some local roads or down to the quintessential  Ducati hang out, the coffee shop.

That said, I have managed to put on about a 1500 miles or so combined on the bikes, which even included an eventful  scooter ride with a few folks  that saw us dodge a couple of deer, pick up a fallen biker and see one of our scooter riders scoot break down :(.  

The Monster is due up for an oil change now, so looking to get that scheduled in the next few days. 


2 comments:

  1. Here's a good tip. Now that you have the bar-end mirrors, you can clean-up the look of your handlebars by flipping the brake and clutch control assembly upside down. This now make the ugly "empty mirror threads" point down instead of up. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brian. I did that with my last monster. With this one, I just found a black bolt that fit the mirror thread and installed it. I'll post up a pic of how it looks.

    ReplyDelete