Monday, October 17, 2011

~7500 Mile Service

Ok, so I was at 7,200 miles, but given that the riding season in the NW is close to an end (at least for me), I decided to take the bike in for service.  I was expecting a hefty charge for this and was not disappointed.  For the oil change, various checks, one valve adjustment (which was a culprit in the bike running a little rough) and a brake oil flush the total ended up at about $700, after a discount special that the dealer was running.  So in the last few weeks with the new tires and service the bike had cost me a little over a G.  The joys of owning a Ducati.

Oh, and I also finally had that carbon canister removed from the bike.  Not sure if that will have any performance impact, but the bike looks a bit more balanced. Now I need to save up for a few months before I get anything new done to it. ;)

4 comments:

  1. Were you at Moto Corsa for the Ducati club meeting tonight?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, missed that. I have not seen the Ducati Pacifica club do much over the years. How was it, anything good?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ducati's North American president was there and answered a bunch of questions. I just joined so this was my first meeting. They are planning next year and it sounds like some really great ideas are being put into actions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool- its been a while since I have checked them out. Maybe will do so as we get into the next season.

    ReplyDelete