Thursday, August 3, 2017

23,000 miles

This has become more of a record of the work I have had done on the bike - I end up referring to it for records, so I guess I'll keep it updated.

Last year, I had the chain, sprocket and rear tire replaced. This year (2017) in July, I replaced the front tire - just the front tire - as I had not replaced it with the rear last time around, so next time, I guess I should replace both so they are back on schedule.

In addition, I got a new battery, the original finally was not completely charging at 21,450 miles (7 years) and even with a trickle charger the bike gave me at least 2-3 rsw.0005 errors before firing up.

The front brakes were ready for a new set of pads as well.  They were at 25% and rear at 50%, so had the fronts replaced with EBC pads.

The wrench icon came on at 22,500 miles, so the bike is in at the dealer now for a major service - valve check, fluids, fork oil change, etc.

Also dealing with some electrical issues, which I'm hoping are not major - on a long ride out east, I got caught in a rainstorm, which seemed to short out my lights, blowing a fuse a couple of times. We'll see what the diagnosis is on that.

Still love this bike - just did almost a 2,000 mile ride on it and it handled it like a champ.



No comments:

Post a Comment