Saturday, September 11, 2010

Gear- Boots....

strongly believe in wearing some sort of protective gear when riding- a helmet, jacket, boots, gloves, back protector and some sort of knee/ leg armor. I've been lucky and have not had a bad crash, but when I "bit it", wearing good gear is what saved me a$$ - And having the right armor and the right fitting gear is key. I know tight fitting stuff seems like overkill or uncomfortable or you end up looking like you have just come off a race track, but when you go down, you don't want that armor moving. I'll throw up pics of what I wear with my thoughts, so starting off with shoes. I have two pairs, Sidi Vertigos (full boot)and Puma Flat v2 (half boot). I can't say enough good things about the Vertigos, they are comfortable when riding, have armor in all the right places, have an adjustable calf, so if you are wearing leathers or knee guards, etc., you can tuck them in, have couple of air vents for those hot days and just overall I think are the best riding boot out there. It is also cool that you can pretty much replace everything on the boot from the toe slider to the sole. :) In terms of daily wear, they are not designed for walking or hiking long distances. You can loosen the calf adjustment for walking, or wear them to work if you are a desk jockey but don't expect to run laps anywhere, anytime soon. The Puma's on the other hand are designed as an urban boot. I usually wear them when riding my scooter. Comfortable, but not much protection, more of a glorified high-top sneaker. They look good but I probably could have spent fifty bucks more and bought Sidi's streetburners. The pics: Sidi Vertigos Puma Flat V2.

No comments:

Post a Comment