Friday, September 3, 2010

Grab bars....

Got the rear passenger grab bars today (still waiting for the fender kit), and just so everyone know, they did not come with any hardware or instructions. I didn't realize that they are and stick out a bit from the rear but are designed well and do not detract from the lines of the bike. Lets see if these grow on me otherwise I may have to take them off.

The install was fairly simple. #5 hex key to take off the two bolts that connect the rear exhaust to the frame, take out the spacers and fit the bars in, using the same hardware. You then need on M6 bolt (not included) to connect the last part of the bar to the frame and that is it.

Some pics:

The bar and the bolt that does not come with it


The two bolts that need to come out.


Installed




With the seat on


2 comments:

  1. Great write-ups. I'm considering this bike and love hearing about it. How do you think it would be riding a passenger on this bike?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have taken my wife on the bike and she likes having the security of the bars. And the bike has enough power for the both of us.

    ReplyDelete