Sunday, July 31, 2011

Update on the tail bag

I got a chance today to get in a pretty long ride with the tail bag, and through the ride I never felt any difference in the feel of the bike, no drag or anything like that.  I had the tail bag pretty full. Without expanding it, it fit in a SLR camera (with case), a netbook, sweatshirt and a bottle of water.  With all that in it, there was still some room to squeeze in stuff like a phone, some engery bars, etc.  It also felt very secure, which was one of my concerns.

One downside - there is pretty much no room between you and the bag when it is zipped to the seat, so no chance of carrying a back-pack, unless it is one of the super thin messenger bags. Also the bag is not super comfortable as a back-pack - at least not to walk around. Also, if you are installing the base with the passenger grab bars installed, the side pockets will be pretty useless.  All I can fit in there is a tiny camera on one side and a phone on the other.

And since I did not post a pic of the bag on  the bike, here you go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment